31828Re: anyone seen this old computer?

  • Mike
    Jul 31, 2013
      Though the artwork on those boards is very carefully done, the design must date back to the early 70's - all 74XX logic with no later versions. One of the boards is largely 7438 dual input NAND gates with open collector outputs. It doesn't get any more basic than that. No solder mask, no silk screen, no chip locators. Someone must have sold Computer Products an obsolete design that was going nowhere and left them holding the bag.

      Also note the serial number 8616-06 - So I expect that it was the sixth unit built in the 14th week of 1986.

      regards,
      Mike W.

      > Yes, gorgeous. Those are hand-taped boards designed by someone who
      > cared. Earlier DEC boards look very much the same, in particular
      > Omnibus and very early Unibus boards.
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > On 07/30/2013 02:43 PM, DougCrawford wrote:
      > > Those boards are a work of art. Look at those layouts!
      > >
      > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Andrew
      > >> Looks like a homebrew multibus system built for a specific engi engineering purpose
      > >> Bill
      > >>
      > >> --
      > >> Sent from my PDP 8/e.

      > --