31772Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??

  • Ray Sills
    Jul 27, 2013
      On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

      > Dave McGuire wrote:
      >> Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:14 PM
      >> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow !! Where did this come from ??
      >> visit the museum.
      >>> We have several club members in MD/VA who visit a few times per
      >>> year.
      >> Perhaps you could share a ride one day. It's only, what, 3 or 3.5
      >> hours?
      >> Should be about 3, and not a tough drive at all unless he hits
      >> traffic on 95 between DC and Baltimore, or going through
      >> Philadelphia.
      > Actually, the horror used to be 95 through Delaware, perpetual
      > construction.
      > But the last couple of time I've made the trip they have just about
      > finished.
      > Bill S.

      And coming up from the south, you'd likely want to exit I-95 in North
      Delaware via the Delaware Memorial Bridge to take I-295 north.. using
      it (or the NJTP) to get to I-195 east past the Garden State Parkway,
      where I-195 morphs into route 138. Then a quick mile north on RT 18,
      and you are in the shadow of Info-Age.

      So, you would then avoid I-95's portion that passes through Philly.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic