31753Re: Old Calculator(s) (& other engineering stuff)

  • Jeff Jonas
    Jul 26, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "m" <msimonsmail@...> wrote:
      > I was wondering, before I start to go to Ebay and other places, if anybody here would be interested in old calculators & other engineering stuff.

      Until CAD/CAM, engineers were draftsmen too.

      > My dad was a draftsman and then an engineer in the power & mechanical field(s), and also a drafting teacher.

      Power engineering is a fascinating field. I hope his books chronicle the growth of the US power grid.

      > we have some earlier materials probably passed on from him,
      > and other engineers before him.

      I adore vintage drafting tools and supplies. I'm unsure InfoAge has any group or display plans to include that, despite lotsa drafting occurring on the Army Base (puns intended: as in engineering drawings, involuntary recruitment, leaky windows and high altitude wind experiments).

      > I will eventually be able to dig up my dad's other early 1970s calculators which include at very least a TI and an HP, but they are not in as good condition as this one.

      I'm sure others have already replied with interest about HP calculators. They're still the cream of the crop.

      > Let me know if you are interested in these or other engineering items. I will not bother the list with currently available books, or other materials, tools, periodicals or magazines.

      Those "other materials" may be fascinating, at least to me.

      -- jeff jonas
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic