31742Re: Some Mac stuff available

  • s100doctor
    Jul 26, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Riley <fraveydank@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm trying to clear out some basement space, and I have some Macs and parts to give out. Most of them are LC related; I acquired a small pile of LC-class machines a while ago and really haven't done much with a few of them, so it's time for them to go.
      >
      > You can have them free for the cost of shipping, which will be zero if you're going to the workshop and can meet me then. I'm not sure which day I'm going, but this could possibly influence my decision.

      I'm interested in any Apple branded SCSI hard drives that are more than 120MB capacity and are one inch tall (not the three-inch tall drives). Your Macs may have those.

      Please give them a simple test: power them up and just LISTEN to them, no computer needed. They will spin up to speed, then "chatter" a bit and the LED will blink as they do. Then they will spin at their normal speed. That means they pass their self-test. I'm less interested in non-Apple brand SCSI drives - "brand" means there's an Apple logo on the drive and "apple" may be printed too.

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic