31673Re: [midatlanticretro] Has anyone seen an S-100 PDP-8 Emulator Board?

    Jul 18 11:43 AM
      On 07/18/2013 02:22 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
      >>> In the very early 80's I was associated with a company, I.E. Systems
      >>> of Newmarket, NH, that produced an S-100 board with a PDP-8 emulator
      >>> on it. I'm wondering if anyone here has seen this board, or has one?
      >>> I have no idea how many were made or sold.
      >>
      >> I've never heard of that (which surprises me, being both an S-100 and
      >> a PDP-8 guy), but I can tell you I'd sell a kidney for one!
      >
      > Wouldn't it just be a CPU card with an Intersil 6100 (rather than
      > Z80/8080..?)

      I suppose it certainly could be. And I could put one of those
      together; I even have the chips. Time is the problem.

      But I was actually talking about back then, early 1980s, when I was
      running (and adoring!) both S-100 and PDP-8 systems regularly. (I still
      have both of those systems :-))

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ