31635Re: Rescuing a circuit board from leaking batteries

  • joshbensadon
    Jul 15 12:33 PM

      NiCd
      > battery on it that of course leaked... Are there any good methods for
      > removing the nastiness?
      > >

      > Baking soda kind of works, but I have not had much luck with leaked
      > batteries on a mobo. Using a wirebrush as long as you don't hurt the
      > board. Really, to be sure you have to de-solder all of the components that
      > are effected, put in new ones. Test the continuity, etc. ugh.
      >
      > bd

      I agree with Bill. I haven't found a miracle solution for leaking acid. I haven't looked for one either? I take it all apart, remove affected parts for proper cleaning. Clean with 99.99% alcohol. Add baking soda to tooth brush while scrubbing to neutralize. Then blow dry with canned air. No easy fix.

      :)J
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic