31558Re: [midatlanticretro] RCS-RI visit

  • Dan Roganti
    Jul 7, 2013
      On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM, William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote:
      > Interesting, I had thought one of the two had become defunct and the other
      > took over.
      > The smallest state in the nation and they have 2 of the biggest museums on
      > the east coast ?!

      RCS/RI (Retrocomputing Society of Rhode Island, Inc. aka RCS) and RICM
      (Rhode Island Computer Museum), sprang up independently in Rhode
      Island back in the mid 1990s.

      With a good track record like this, there's ought to be no hesitation in seeking addt'l funding to add some incremental improvements  - using any of the new crowd sourcing approaches these days. I see small and large museums take advantage of this already.
      eg, KickStarter, Indegogo, FundAnything,

      Dan

      update,
      back home on Long Island, there's an old Tesla's Laboratory, known as the Wardenclyffe Tower - just recently the effort has been underway into turning this into a museum.
      They just raised $1,370,461 on Indiegogo

      Dan

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic