31531RE: [midatlanticretro] Odd-ball S100 card I found

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Jul 4, 2013
      Dave McGuire wrote:
      > Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:48 PM
      > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Odd-ball S100 card I found
      >
      > On 07/04/2013 10:42 PM, Bill Sudbrink wrote:
      > > I seem to remember Steve Ciarcia doing an article in Byte (maybe two
      > > or three parts?) about sprite programming and that chip in particular.
      > > I started to interface one to my OSI C1P but never finished. It must
      > > be in a box around here somewhere.
      >
      > Yes, he put one on an Apple ][ board. It was little other than a
      > bus interface, the TMS9918, eight DRAMs, and an RCA connector. Really
      > neat chip.

      Yes! That's right. That's why I thought I could hook it up to
      the C1P. Both have 6502s. Unfortunately, college got very busy
      around then and by the time I came up for air, I had a Sanyo MBC555.
      I didn't "go classic" until about 12 years later. I really ought to
      find that and finish it.

      Bill S.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic