      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Cini
      Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 1:29 PM
      To: MARCH-Post
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Odd-ball S100 card I found

      All --

                    Today I inventoried all of my S100 cards. I didn't realize how many I had — 68. Anyway, I found an odd-ball homebrew graphics card using a TMS9918 graphics chip. The chip resides on a small daughter board that's about 3"x4" that contains the TMS9918, an inverter, RAM, a 24-pin empty socket and a dual-row header. On the board is the following: "GraphTech #9783-0100-01".

                    Basically, someone took a prototyping card with TTL buffers/glue, cut a 3"x4" hole in it, mounted this daughter card in the hole, and then wired it to the prototyping card. I haven't probed around it yet, but it looks interesting. I haven't found any data on the GraphTech daughter card itself so I don't know what its original use was.

      Rich

      --

      Rich Cini

      Collector of Classic Computers