31443Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Timex Sinclair 1000 at Field Day

    Jun 29, 2013
      On 06/29/2013 04:18 AM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
      >> A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
      > That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)
      >> Missing power supply
      > As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
      > under the keyboard, heating it up.
      > Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
      > the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
      > It goes brittle from age, not use.

      Has anyone here done, or can anyone here do, CAD drawings of the
      (likely three) layers of the ZX81's keyboard? If I can get the CAD
      drawings, it's likely that I can get new, exact-replacement keyboards
      made for not a lot of money.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ