31398Re: [midatlanticretro] TASM for 6800 assembly

  • Dan Roganti
    Jun 23, 2013
      On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      Dan

      Thank you very much.  Now I understand.  I thought TASM was the go-to assembler for any processor, I see at least for 6800’s  it’s simply easier to use something more MIKBUG compatible, and now I understand why things are the way they are.  I only know the coding part, how to read the instructions themselves.

      6800 itself is pretty easy to work with, a good language to learn assembly.  I am making a primitive monitor extension for SWTBUG to make it easier to load and run TSC BASIC on eProm by storing it in C100 and moving to 0100.  I also want to put in a simple memory dump array program.  This way, when I am using a teletype I only have to load and save BASIC programs themselves, not wait 25 minutes to load BASIC by tape before I can even start working on something.

      You should get the AS68 cross-assembler, I posted it online. Plus a nice Motorola book about 6800 programming.

      Dan

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic