31339Re: Paging Bryan Pope! Was: Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11 Programmers WANTED!

    Jun 19, 2013
      On 06/19/2013 03:53 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
      >>> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
      >> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
      >>
      >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
      >
      > I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
      > populated state capitol. ;)

      There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
      not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
      happened there.

      I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
      several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
      building that you can practically pee on it.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ