31313Re: Ok historians. When was the intel hex format introduced...

  • Mike
    Jun 17, 2013
      The SCELBI BASIC on my site, has been recently re-assembled from source listings. I use Intel Hex format primarily because it includes a check byte for every record.

      I'm guessing that someone still may have some old docs for a Data I/O system 19 or earlier programmer. Data I/O supported intel hex from way back, but exactly how far back might be hard to determine.

      Regards,
      Mike W.

      > > Can't seem to find it using google.
      > >
      > > Anyone have an idea? What year for the first 8 bit format?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Corey
      > >

      > The 1975 custom ROM order form requires ASR 33 tapes be in the following
      > format:
      > Start character B followed by 8 data characters and end with F.
      > BPPPNNNNNFBNNNNNNPPF ...
      >
      > not intel HEX format. But elsewhere -
      >
      > SCELBI Basic was in Intel HEX format, or at least Mike Willigal has a copy
      > in this format. The ISIS system used Intel HEX format, I assume that Intel
      > HEX appeared in 1974-75 on the 8008. Before the S1 / 6800 format
      > probably.
      >
      > http://compusaur.com/Mark8files/as8.html
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic