31309re: [midatlanticretro] Ok historians. When was the intel hex format introduced...

    Jun 16, 2013

      > Can't seem to find it using google.
      >
      > Anyone have an idea? What year for the first 8 bit format?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

      The 1975 custom ROM order form requires ASR 33 tapes be in the following
      format:
      Start character B followed by 8 data characters and end with F.
      BPPPNNNNNFBNNNNNNPPF ...

      not intel HEX format. But elsewhere -

      SCELBI Basic was in Intel HEX format, or at least Mike Willigal has a copy
      in this format. The ISIS system used Intel HEX format, I assume that Intel
      HEX appeared in 1974-75 on the 8008. Before the S1 / 6800 format
      probably.

      http://compusaur.com/Mark8files/as8.html