31293RE: [midatlanticretro] Ok historians. When was the intel hex format introduced...

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Jun 16, 2013
      On 06/16/2013 10:15 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
      > On 06/16/2013 10:12 AM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
      >>> Can't seem to find it using google.
      >>>
      >>> Anyone have an idea? What year for the first 8 bit format?
      >>
      >> This seems to imply 1988
      >>
      >> http://www.interlog.com/~speff/usefulinfo/Hexfrmt.pdf
      >>
      >> It is revision A.
      >
      >This cannot possibly be correct; I was using it years before 1988.
      >
      >"The Programmer's CP/M Handbook" by Andy Johnson-Laird is copyright
      1983,
      >and it describes the format.

      I feel the same way, but this seems to be when Intel officially
      documented
      it as the Intel Hex format. Need to find older documentation in one of
      their
      data books.

      Kelly
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic