31274Re: Centronics printer/IMSAI success!

  • joshbensadon
    Jun 13, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> wrote:

      > All --
      >
      > I connected it to my serial/parallel converter, fired up CP/M and went "pip
      > lpt:=b:file.txt" and it worked! The old ribbon is mostly OK, with a minor
      > dead spot in it. The printer is slow, somewhat noisy (even with the new foam
      > padding), but it works, so I'm happy. Ahhh, the sound of dot-matrix
      > printingĀŠ

      Excellent! You just love that sound of random pins firing!

      Every year at the Pine Wood Derby, I ask the kids to be quiet for a moment as I start up the dot-matrix, then I ask them if they know that sound. They all say it's the printer, but I tell them it's a piece of history! :)J
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic