31264Re: [midatlanticretro] Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

  • Cory Smelosky
    Jun 13, 2013
      On 11 Jun 2013, at 14:32, "Kyle Owen" <kylevowen@...> wrote:

      Again, it was mostly adults that even were slightly amused at Tic-Tac-Toe on my 6800. The kids went straight for King's Quest. Playing "The Entertainer" on the 6800 drew some more people in. Stuff like this is entertaining, as it's actually pretty good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w68qZ8JvBds

      I like that guy’s stuff.  His stuff is what made me want some DECtalk gear so I could do some similar stuff.

      Maybe it's just me, but I'm all about sharing this hobby to more people and get some general interest, even if it means emphasizing the more fun aspects of vintage computing. I personally think of it more as a hook into the fascinating realm of vintage computers than a reinforcement of these computers as toys.

      Kyle

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic