31262Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

    Jun 13, 2013
      On 06/13/2013 02:00 PM, Mike wrote:
      > Kids like games, but I have noticed that the the more modern the game
      > is, the better they like them. Color graphics and a joystick seem
      > like the minimum baseline for most (but not all) kids.

      Just one data point here...My PDP-11/70 at VCF-E last year had a few
      terminals running various text-based games. (and one just sitting at a
      RSTS/E prompt, of course) Young kids, age 10 or so, took to those games
      like ducks to water. They'd never been exposed to that sort of thing
      before, but they seemed to intuitively "get it". It was fascinating to
      watch their facial expressions as they figured it out, and then started
      playing.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ