31261Re: Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

  • Mike
    Jun 13 11:00 AM
      My assumption is that most of the Maker Faire attendees have at least a passing interest in "making" stuff.

      Flash Corliss at VCF-atlanta had a display of reproduction/kit computers - Mark 8, Cosmac elf, etc. Would have been a very relevant Maker Faire exhibit. Another angle might be restoration of original gear - show a badly beat up garage find next to a completely restored and operating unit.

      Kids like games, but I have noticed that the the more modern the game is, the better they like them. Color graphics and a joystick seem like the minimum baseline for most (but not all) kids.

      By the way, does MARCH have handouts/info sheets that they give away to interested parties at these shows? If not, I may be able to help in that area.

      Regards,
      Mike W.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic