31258Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Acquired a PDP-8/E

  • Kyle Owen
    Jun 13, 2013
      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:09:29PM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
      > I ended up using p8a from http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/info/dpa.html to
      > do most of my assembly. It seems pretty good. The paper tape assemblers
      > (both MACRO-8 and PAL) work, but it takes more effort to make the binaries
      > compatible with the binary loader. Perhaps it's my terminal settings or
      > something, but channel 8 doesn't seem to be getting punched for the leader
      > and footer. More to play with later.

      I has seen that one but haven't used it.
      How did you get it to assemble without errors?

      ./p8a music.pa
      #IFNDEF CPU
      # ^
      # ERROR: music.pa @ line 18, can't combine memory-reference instructions
      illegal character:'<'
      #IFNDEF CPU <CPU

      Also, this is likely one that would work with MACRO-8, but I've not tried it. Over 2400 baud, it'd take it a little while to assemble with three passes, I'd think. The syntax matches what MACRO-8 supports, anyways.
    • Show all 91 messages in this topic