31257RE: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's newest toy

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Jun 13, 2013
      > Are any of those old drives in working condition?
      Several of mine are still working. None of the 5, 12 or 15 meg I have survived intact, but I do have a couple of old 35 meg drives that still run. Not sure about my 70 meg drives.

      With a couple of modifications, any MFM/RLL drive can be made to work. There is also an SD adapter being produced right now.

      > Also...are any of them or the similar old items marked "Tandy"? My
      > recollection is they were all "Radio Shack TRS-80" machines...then the 2000
      > was the first to sport the Tandy name...but it was a TRS-80 model 2000.
      > Then everything afterwards is Tandy and not TRS-80...?
      I have some drives marked Tandy. Most are marked TRS-80.

      Actually the first with the Tandy label was the Tandy 10 in the late 70s. This was a re-badged ADDS machine.
      8080 CPU with 18K memory
      Had ADOS and BASIC.

      Other than this odd beast, I think your timeline is about correct. The 2000 came out in 1983 I think, and anything new after that said Tandy.
      Kelly

      Kelly
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic