31235Re: [midatlanticretro] Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

    Jun 11, 2013
      > Have you folks participated in a Maker Faire before? It's certainly not tailored just for kids.

      Yes! MARCH participated in every year of the World (formerly "New York")
      Maker Faire's existence.

      The first year, we demonstrated modern hacks for vintage computers.

      The second year, we had a much smaller "we're here!" table within a
      larger InfoAge booth.

      The third year (last year), we did an Apple 1 replica exhibit, which was
      a resounding success.

      We want to avoid merely "showing" vintage computer stuff. The spirit of
      Maker Faire is to * make * something, not just to be there with
      previously made stuff. :)

      So I figure it'll be a nice change of pace to do something kid-specific,
      with a heavy focus on education, that also teaches some history.

      Alternatively, if someone here has a killer idea for something
      new/creative that MARCHins can "make" on time for the show, then I'm all
      ears.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic