31228Re: [midatlanticretro] Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

  • Dan Roganti
    Jun 11, 2013

      This is something to think about, maybe a permanent demonstrator for the future exhibits or events
      At my first job, I built a computer demonstrator for the company's training dept. They wanted something simple for the beginners class to show how a CPU operates. Basically is was just a block diagram with the internals of CPU painted on a large stand with a sheet of plastic and a bunch of LED's and switches everywhere. The LED's were grouped in each section, the ALU, Registers, etc and the rest lined the address bus, data bus and control signals. I had these blink when they would step thru the code or run a program. All of this was running on just a TRS-80 model I which was still new at the time - they didn't want any of their systems wasted on running this demonstrator :)

      Dan

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic