31227re: [midatlanticretro] Idea for our Maker Faire exhibit

    Jun 11, 2013

      > Here's the big idea for a MARCH exhibit at Maker Faire this year.
      >
      > We can get a 20x20 space and build a "Be the Bit" maze out of PVC (frame)
      and painter's tarps (walls). The exhibit will target families. People would
      enter, start at newly created data, and then follow a path (or different
      paths based on their decisions?) as the data is temporarily stored,
      displayed, changed, printed, saved, deleted, etc. ... all of the posters
      will be written as "you" evolve through a computer. At each decision point
      we'll use posters to explain very simple concepts and how they haven't
      changed from Babbage to UNIVAC to PCs to iPhones. At the end we'll have a
      few computers set up that represent different kinds of I/O plus club
      literature, etc.

      > I think that's an ** awesome ** idea. It will teach general concepts to
      kids, it'll teach some history, and we can re-use it at the next VCF East
      or in the museum someday.

      > Thoughts?

      The next step would be a logic flow diagram, like an assembly language
      program pseudocode.

      Sounds like fun.