31118Re: Fair price for IMSAI 8080

  • who88777
    Jun 3, 2013
      If you have binaries of a z-80 capable MBASIC I'd love to grab a copy. I wrote an Altair emulator a while back that used a Z-80 library under the hood. I had to modify it to fix the flags register in order to run the copy of BASIC I had (one of the few incompatibilities of the Z80). I'd love to compare the two to see what they changed to fix it.

      http://altair.csquare.ca if you wanted to play with the emulator :)

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

      > who88777 wrote:
      > > Is it worth pursuing one that only has a Z-80 CPU card in it? I
      > > understand some software like MS BASIC won't run on that.
      >
      > I think so. First, I run Microsoft MBASIC on one of my S-100 rigs
      > that has a Z80. I do recall something about the old paper tape version
      > having problems with a Z80, but if you really want to run that, it
      > would not be difficult to acquire an 8080 CPU board (I have a stack
      > of them). One thing that some people don't seem to understand is that
      > "pure" systems were not "the norm" back in the day. Almost any hobbyist
      > would start with a minimal system and build it up as funds allowed.
      > Upgrading from a 2MHz 8080 to a 4MHz Z80 was very common.
      >
      > Bill S.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic