30998Re: [midatlanticretro] Acquired a PDP-8/E

  • Kyle Owen
    May 26, 2013
      On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

      Your 5V is a little higher than I would expect. It will drop some under
      resistance. Either clean or wiggle them under load and if the voltage changes
      give them more attention. The 5V fuse holder melting is also a known problem.
      With your lightly loaded system it should be ok.

      Measuring the voltages again, I see the 5V bus is 5.12V, 15V is 15.24V, -15V is -15.12V, and V2 is 4.32V. V2 sounds pretty low...what should I check for this bus?

      Also, what's the fix for the melting fuse holder problem? I see that there's a 10A fuse in the fuse holder, but the rating next to the holder says 25A. I'd expect a 25A fuse to have a lower resistance, yes? Would that help then?

      I also noticed that my 8/E has only one Unibus. Did they not by default come with two? Maybe that's why there's a 10A fuse?

      Kyle
    • Show all 91 messages in this topic