30974Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Ferguson BigBoard disk help needed

    May 24, 2013
      On 05/24/2013 11:08 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
      >> Yes. Closer (but still not "close") inspection suggests that it might be a
      >> clock speed mod. Further supporting this guess is that all the Z80-family
      >> components on the board are the Z80B variants, 6MHz. That'd be a pretty
      >> expensive pointless upgrade for a board clocked at 2.5MHz! I suspect (from
      >> the clock crystal still being 20MHz) that it's a 5MHz modification.
      >
      > Ahhh. That does seem like a fairly pointless upgrade...
      >
      > How much memory?

      64KB, four rows of 4116s. Full-up and pretty swank for a Z80.

      I've been drinking a bit, and it's getting a bit late, but I think I'm
      going to go fire it up in the lab on a bench supply and see if it generates
      some video.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ