30967Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Ferguson BigBoard disk help needed

    May 24, 2013
      Hi Enrico! I think I didn't know you were on this list as well.
      It's good to see you here. I'm aware of your experience with the
      BigBoard boards.

      I myself have known about them for many years, as I wanted one very
      badly when I was in my teen years, in the mid-1980s. I had an S-100
      CP/M system, which was my main computer until I moved to a PDP-11, and I
      wanted one of those BigBoards so I could run a BBS on it. I subscribed
      to BYTE magazine and always drooled over those full-page BigBoard ads!

      I never got one, but I did put together a second S-100 system, and I
      did eventually bring up my BBS.

      In the past several years, I started looking for a BigBoard again,
      and learned that they were nowhere near as common as I thought they
      were. It took me some effort (and money) to get one, but it's finally
      here, and I'm very excited to get it running.

      It looks like it has seen some modifications; there's a chip glued to
      the bottom of the board (!) and a bit of wire snaking around. I will
      try to power it up soon and see if it runs. I dug out some 8" floppy
      drives (SA-801s) last night to connect to it.

      -Dave

      On 05/24/2013 04:55 PM, enrlaz wrote:
      > HI, i'm a bit so far from you. I'm living just in Italy,but i'm so very interested on all about Ferguson Bigboards. So would you so kind to keep me in toush about your BB? Thanks Enrico (www.vintagesbc.it)
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      >>> There's a set of four SSSD images on Dave Dunfield's site. If my 8"
      >>> drive is still working, I can make you a set over the weekend.
      >>
      >> That would be fantastic, thank you! Let me know how much you need to cover
      >> blanks and postage. (I can also send you blanks in return if you're running
      >> short)
      >>
      >> -Dave
      >>
      >> --
      >> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ