30944Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Merlin Phone systems

  • telmnstr
    May 24, 2013
      > Sorry for the OT traffic. Anyone on the list into phone systems and interested in a Merlin Magix system with about 50 desk sets and a voice mail option?
      > Contact me off list or point me in the right direction. I'd hate to throw this away if anyone near by could use it.
      > Kelly

      I used to have a few Legend systems and an original Merlin. It's odd that
      with all the high tech stuff the analog lines and Merlin MLX-10D or 12D or
      whatever they were sounded better than all these modern high priced

      The Magix was the pinnacle of the Legend system IIRC. It could do some
      VoIP and other stuff (Although I had my Legend doing VoIP via analog

      Good stuff.

      I tried to find a 5ESS switch for our hackerspace but was never able to. I
      think I have the contact now to catch one if it's surplused but they're
      still in service. And the hackerspace is gone.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic