30894Re: [midatlanticretro] DEC MMJ

  • Mr Ian Primus
    May 21, 2013
      --- On Tue, 5/21/13, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

      > Anybody have some DEC Modified Modular Jack (MMJ) serial adapters? I have
      > the MMJ cable and a MicroVAX that needs it for the console, but I need to
      > plug it into a 'normal' DB25 or DB9 serial port.

      I don't have any adapters - but what I usually do is crimp a 6 position telephone connector onto some cable and file the clip off to allow it to fit in the MMJ socket. If you don't file it completely off, you can leave just enough material that it fits snugly. Then you solder the other end of the cable into a DSUB connector. Works great.

      -Ian
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic