30857Re: [midatlanticretro] Decent terminal emulator program for CP/M?

  • Mike Loewen
    May 19, 2013
      On Sun, 19 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

      >>> I liked MEX at first (digging into very dusty neurons here) but found
      >>> it to be a bit unstable so I went back to MODEM7 (specifically MDM740!).

      >>> I've never heard of IMP, at least not that I recall now. Do you
      >>> still have a copy, or can I find it "around" somewhere? I'd like to see
      >>> what it's about.
      >>
      >> http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/cdrom/CPM/IMP/
      >>
      >> There are a LOT of predefined overlays for it.
      >
      > Nice! I think I will try it out with a Kaypro. Thanks!

      I did a bit of testing both IMP 2.45 and MEX 1.14 on a TRS-80 4P with
      Montezuma Micro CP/M, and found that IMP worked much better (which was
      probably why it was on my working disks from back in the day). MEX has an
      interrupt-driven overlay available which is supposed to prevent dropped
      characters during screen operations, but it didn't work nearly as well as
      IMP at 9600. IMP does lose some characters while scrolling, but an Xmodem
      transfer worked just fine.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...