30852Retro WiFi

  • Mike Loewen
    May 19, 2013
      A few weeks ago, we were speculating on the possibility of using a
      Raspberry Pi, a serial level shifter and a USB wireless dongle to get
      vintage systems online. I'm happy to report that the proof of concept is
      successful. I'm typing this on a stock TRS-80 Model 4P, running IMP 2.45
      under Montezuma Micro CP/M. There are some problems to be worked out, as
      I'm seeing some weird echo effects, despite the serial setting being
      correct. I'll update the group as I continue testing. With this
      configuration, it's also possible to connect via 100BaseT.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic