30804Acquired a PDP-8/E

  • Kyle Owen
    May 17, 2013
      A friend of mine has semi-permanently lent me a PDP-8/E. It's in pretty good shape, but the key is missing. It seems to have 8k of core, a high-speed paper tape interface, a serial interface, and several other cards. I'm a bit confused on where to go from here, though. I suppose I need to track down a key. I'd also love to get a Model 33 teletype, but I think I'll make a working current loop converter first. I'd like to make some music with it via an AM radio, but I wouldn't quite know where to begin.

      Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/6CtZi

      Any tips?

      Kyle
    • Show all 91 messages in this topic