30781Re: For Sale: a real computerized flight simulator

  • s100doctor
    May 17 8:45 AM

      > >> I guess Evan is saying he's authorized to work this during the weekend.
      >
      > Not quite; I simply promised the radio club guy (Ray Chase) that I'd let MARCHins know of its availability. Happy to send you his contact info in a private message.

      I (Herb) saw this item a year ago, so I have some idea of what's in it. I made BRIEF phone contact with Mr. Chase this morning.

      Quoting him: "Nothing is going to happen in the next 30 days." That answers my question above, and resolves it for the weekend. I've provided Evan with more details. Ray said it's InfoAge property and "they" would have to decide what to do and a value if sold.

      The discussion of aircraft avionics is now off-topic. So I'm reluctant to describe it further, but Ray and I agreed it's "a dashboard without the car". He said it was an instrument and navigation simulator, with most instruments just the panels (knobs and meters only) with a very simple "chart" output. It's not an amusement park ride, simply put. That answers the "flight simulator" considerations.

      But "in principle", some of those simulated instruments are still in use today. That responds to the now-off-topic discussions.

      I'll meet with Mr Chase in due course, not this weekend, to see what's up.

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic