30763Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: For Sale: a real computerized flight simulator

  • David Riley
    May 16, 2013
      On May 16, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > There is that, but there is a big overall sense of cheapness that seems to
      > permeate the world of small-aircraft ownership. Most of those guys (at least
      > the ones I've met) don't usually feel compelled to trash what they've got
      > simply because something newer has become available. They very much tend to
      > buck the "trained and obedient American consumer" mentality.

      When you have that much metal being kept aloft simply by air pressure,
      there's very good incentive to back the "if it ain't broke, don't fix
      it" model of frugality.

      - Dave
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic