30753Re: For Sale: a real computerized flight simulator

  • s100doctor
    May 16, 2013

      > InfoAge has a civilian flight simulator -- a real one! And it's for sale. It's not complete, but enough is there that it could be made to work. On the inside is an MAI Basic Four and one unknown computer.
      >
      > Someone from NJARC said he vaguely recalled an unknown MARCHin previously asking if it's for sale.

      That was ME. The person responsible for the unit, is not there on weekends; I'm not there on Wed when he apparently is. I could not get anyone to make the connection between us, or if they did I got no word back. It's been sitting around from LAST year's fix-it event with a "anyone interested?" tag on it.

      > Now it is. If anyone is seriously interested (vs. just oggling) then I can show you during the workshop.

      I am or was interested. Essentially, it's a bunch of now-obsolete analog aircraft instruments, connected to a fairly obsolete set of digital logic. Two racks as I recall. My interest is in the logic.

      I think an abstract email discussion of "we can do this with it" won't be very practical or useful, especially given the vague description. There's plenty of well-known computers to be restored among MARCH's archive - no shortage of "projects". This is not even in MARCH's archive, it's stuff the radio people and military people don't want.

      I guess Evan is saying he's authorized to work this during the weekend. Great!

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic