30706Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd:

    May 15, 2013
      On 05/15/2013 11:43 AM, David Riley wrote:
      >> Damnit ... this stuff shouldn't happen on Linux.
      >
      > Bear in mind the aforementioned possibility that someone may have
      > just hacked your webmail, if you use webmail. Otherwise, yes, it
      > happens on Linux just like it happens on the Mac; as both platforms
      > increase their marketshare relative to Windows, they start to become
      > more attractive targets to misanthropes. It's still a far less
      > frequent occurrence, but it's a non-zero probability now.

      I've never really bought into that argument. It's more a
      matter of configuration management and crazy features being added to
      mail clients. My network sees *daily* attacks on its outward-facing
      machines...that has been the case as long as I can remember. No issues
      here.

      I wonder what actually did happen to Evan's setup.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ