30683Re: [midatlanticretro] Building a Better Tape Reader

  • DuaneCraps
    May 14, 2013
      Christian,

      Interesting

      I might have a easier way but I have not got around to building it yet.

      When  I was playing with my Arduino micro controller I read articles about using led’s as light detectors.

      It got me thinking .....

      led bar graphs displays  have .1 inch spacing to fit in DIP sockets . This is the same spacing as paper tape.

      My idea is to use 2 bar graphs one as a light source and one one as the sensor.

      I did bread board one segment  feeding an OP Amp with a 10K  feedback resistor and got a

      0 to 3.7 volt change with my LED flashlight through a sprocket hole sized hole.

      If anyone wants to run with this, go ahead, you can have the glory

      Duane

      Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:49 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Building a Better Tape Reader

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic