30681Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Working on MARCH systems at the event ...

  • David Riley
    May 14, 2013
      On May 14, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Matt Patoray <mspproductions@...> wrote:

      > What is happening with the CRT on the monitor is that the PVA material that bonds the safety glass to the front of the CRT is degrading.
      >
      > What needs to be done is that the safety glass and CRT need separated the PVA removed and then the safety glass remounted to the CRT.
      >
      > Not something to be taken lightly as you will be working with an unprotected CRT that could very well implode.

      There was a LOOOONG thread on this subject on cctalk... last year? I think it was last year. Lots of interesting advice on it, if you want to trawl the archives.

      - Dave
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic