30625Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCHins ... get ready for influx of newb questions...

  • Mr Ian Primus
    May 13, 2013
      --- On Mon, 5/13/13, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > I have one of the first models but I am not sure
      > what year it was
      > out on the market but my guess from doing research on the
      > net that it is a 1993 computer."
      >
      > Hey, they were only off in their research by 17 years. :)

      As a side note, what is it about computers that makes people forget that they've been around for a long time? Nobody tries to sell a 1972 Ford Galaxie by saying that it's "One of the first cars". It's as if people's perception is that computers suddenly appeared about 1992 and they had never existed before.

      -Ian
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic