30609Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Fix it weekend

  • Jeffrey Brace
    May 12, 2013
      I was considering bringing another C64 to fix again, and more likely
      bringing a 1541 to fix. But it seems that everyone is getting bored with my
      interest in Commodore 64s. But that is the one computer I have the most
      knowledge about. I have had zero time to work on them since the last
      workshop. Mostly because of a long work schedule and because I spend my
      Sundays helping out M.A.R.C.H. in the warehouse and in the museum. I am far
      from an expert in repairing these C64. And still not sure of the best way to
      approach diagnosis, repair or tools. I have a few repair books for C64 that
      I have yet to find the time to look at. Everyone seems to have a different
      way. But let's not rehash this as it has been discussed in threads before.

      So how about trying to fix my Macintosh SE/30? I still need a case cracking
      tool to open up the thing. I know some capacitor fell out, which I saved to
      find another. Only to lose it. I think Ian Primus said its was a 40
      microfarad or something. This was 2 or three years ago. I just wouldn't
      have any idea where to begin fixing this thing.

      Anyway, each time I learn something new from these workshops. Hopefully I
      can learn something more this time. I will bring whatever meager tools that
      I have and hope that someone there can help me.

      Jeff B.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic