30586Re: [midatlanticretro] Working on MARCH systems at the event ...

  • David Gesswein
    May 12, 2013
      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 01:15:47PM -0400, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Just a note to remind everyone it's cool to borrow MARCH-owned systems
      > if you just want to practice working on something specific, or if we
      > have something that you really want to start restoring. We have a lot,
      > you know. :) I couldn't possibly list everything; feel free to ask me
      > if ya'll have something specific in mind.
      >
      > Also, since there are 220V outlets in the event room, I hope we can test
      > some things that we haven't ever tried before ....

      Trying to plan for next weekend. The tape drive isn't till the second
      day and I hope the teltype isn't going to be too difficult so what else
      would MARCH desire someone look at?

      You were interested in having more done with the 11/20. You were going to
      do the foam but was anyone else planning to work on it further? If nobody
      else is I can dig up manuals to check it out though since I'm not that
      familiar with 11's it will be learning for me also.

      I can also do more card testing on the 8/E though I think the backplanes
      will be easier if they go home unless you have a place to wash them and
      air compressor to blow the gunk out. Replating the tin may be needed to
      have long term reliability.

      Are there other things that I should plan to look at? Proper prep
      makes it go better.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic