30577Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH surplus things for sale.

    May 11, 2013
      On 05/11/2013 01:28 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
      > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

      I don't, as I have a 128, but it is missing a keycap. I don't recall which
      one, I will have to check, but do you have any "parts" 128s that can be raped
      for a keycap?

      > We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

      ...and remember folks, while the DECmate family was intended to be only
      dedicated word processor "appliances", the are all PDP-8s internally.

      They are based on the Intersil 6100 and 6120 chips, which are LSI
      implementations of the PDP-8 (mostly 8/e) architecture. They can run a
      version of OS/8 that has been specifically modified to run on those machines.
      Their console I/O is different from a "real" PDP-8/e, which does result in
      some software limitations, but they are indeed PDP-8s.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ