      From: corey986
      Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:47 AM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Looking for a program to convert text to human readable paper tape punched text

      I know I may wind up writing a program at some point myself, but I'm looking for a freebie program that you can use with a punch tape to write text.

      I'll describe what I'm looking for better. I want to be able to use my 1970's Facit paper tape punch to make human readable text. I figure if I use Mylar tape and get a snap button punch I can make some pretty cool computer tape bracelets. Write the persons name in readable text and if there is room in ASCII punched binary also.

      As I said I'm looking for a freebie. I know of a $180 CNC program that can do it, I'm just being cheap for this idea.

      To keep this in topic for MARCH (and the fact I want to do this for next year's VCF) if you have anything that runs on CPM, Altair, or Apple II that would be cool. I could also run it on modern Mac or PC.

      As I said worst case I'll write something. It's not difficult other than sitting down and making a character table (essentially implementing a character rom in a program)

      Thanks,
      Corey

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic