30492Re: [midatlanticretro] Our museum needs a working iPod

  • Ray Sills
    May 6, 2013
      On May 6, 2013, at 6:51 PM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:
      > How is it easier? I mean, the cassette player is actually easier,
      > since you have real, physical buttons to press, and you don't have
      > to mess with some little screen.
      >
      > If you don't like rewinding, why not a CD player?
      >
      > -Ian

      An iPod would give you the benefit of a "file system" with random
      access. Cassettes are serial access. That's why I had a zillion C-10
      cassettes for those machines that had cassette storage. (VIP, CoCo,
      ZX-81, MC-10, VIC-20, C-64)

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic