      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Dave McGuire [Mcguire@...]
      Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 12:19 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Unibus or Q-Bus Systems?

      On 05/03/2013 11:23 AM, Vince Fleming wrote:
      > AT&T 3B2's always ran AT&T SysVr3 UNIX. I recently donated one running
      > an early version of SvsVr4.

      Mostly. AT&T pushed the WE32K CPUs for embedded applications for a
      short while in the 1980s. We had a dev board for it where I worked
      (Princeton)...a dev board that I really, really wish I had now.

      Anyway, they had some sort of a real-time executive that ran on it,
      that was prototyped on, and development for it occurred on, 3B2/310
      machines.

      Admittedly that's a rare case, but you said the magic word "always",
      which, in this business, virtually guarantees someone will speak up. ;)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic