30393Re: [midatlanticretro] Identifying some things

  • Kyle Owen
    May 1, 2013
      On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      That would be Omnibus. Omnibus is the bus that PDP-8/e computer use.
      Unibus is used by some PDP-11s, some VAXen, and some PDP-10 family
      machines. No PDP-8 computers ever used Unibus.

      Ahh, I told you I wasn't a DEC person...yet! :) Slowly learning, I'd say. Things might get a little interesting this summer, even in a couple of weeks. More on this later! (and no, I didn't get the LINC-8, haha)

      How delightfully odd! I don't think I've EVER seen a Y (yellow)
      series module. I'll dig around a bit and see what it might be.

      Now if you haven't seen one, you've really got my curiosity piqued now. I'm hoping Mr. Gesswein will chime in too.

      LOVE that mechanical beast!

      I do too. I intend to pursue at least a Masters while I'm here, so maybe I'll get a chance to tinker with it. There are a few other beasts in the "dungeon" (that's really what they call it!) that need to be revived. I'm afraid I've not been successful thus far at convincing the authority that we need an interactive display in the building. I've got enough stuff to provide, from antique vacuum cleaners, telephones, cameras, typewriters, fans, computers...you get the idea!

      Kyle
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic