30301Re: [midatlanticretro] More info on the latest TV prop deal -- show identified!

  • David Riley
    Apr 24, 2013
      On Apr 24, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > Dave,
      > I don't know if you've noticed, but sometimes TV shows are kind of dumb.
      > No, really. I never watch tv shows though, so what do I know.

      Well, yeah. I was just excited when I saw the title of the show, since it's definitely a somewhat obscure term if you don't work with '80s micros much, so I figured someone was part of the "in" crowd on their creative team. I don't watch "real" TV at all, mostly because 95% of it is worthless, but we do watch a few shows through Netflix (I will gladly pay $8 a month to not watch commercials ever again).

      Most of the shows we do watch are AMC shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad), which turn out to actually be pretty good, so I'd give this one a fair chance of being OK. I'll probably have to wait a while to watch it, though, because they don't usually come out on Netflix or DVD/BluRay until about a year later.

      Still, something to look forward to. I mean, it's gotta be better than Big Bang Theory (which I did like at first, but which I find increasingly less interesting).

      - Dave
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic