30258Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Museum report -- help us!!!

  • Bryan Pope
    Apr 22, 2013
      Methinks that Evan's foot is pretty stinky right now...   <duck>

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      On 4/22/2013 10:27 AM, Vince Fleming wrote:

      I really didn't intend to start a sh*tstorm with this...

      I wasn't suggesting a "partnership" - just that MARCH might want some free labor to move stuff around.

      I also find your intolerance rather hypocritical.   The BSA is not the KKK - we don't preach discrimination and it's never even come up in our troop.  We teach nothing but the positive to our boys - core values of trustworthiness, bravery, kindness, loyalty, etc. are what we're there for.  It's not a hate group.

      I guess Catholics are also not welcome at MARCH?  They openly discriminate aginst Gays and Athiests also.

      Regardless, I'll take your response as a polite "no, thanks".

      Vince

      Sent from my iPad - please excuse spelling errors

      On Apr 22, 2013, at 10:04 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      BSA is legally allowed to have their "principles" according to SCOTUS. I agree with that. It's their first amendment right.

      But if a group's principles overtly * exclude * people who are welcomed by MARCH, then the groups should not partner. That alone is the basis for my response -- not my personal politics.

      I know of several well-respected MARCHins who are gay, and several who are atheist. Why would we support any group that wouldn't allow our own members to join, regardless of the reason?

      __._

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic