30188Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Unassembled Altair on eBay

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Apr 15, 2013
      On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Randall Kindig <randall.kindig@...> wrote:

      If you want build an Altair kit:
      http://www.brielcomputers.com/

      Randy

      Yep, I'll bet that most people on this list have met Vince Briel.  He's a great guy, and makes great products.  I own a PockeTerm, and a Replica 1 TE, and attended a workshop that he did at last year's KansasFest.  However, his Altair kit is, by design, a work-alike, and not a near-100% clone.  What I'd like to see is either (in the best case) a re-release of the original kit, with parts updated to what are available in 2013 or a ~100% clone, similar to Mike Willegal's Mimeo-1.

      Thanks!
      - Alex
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic